emmy2008 - Comedy Actresses (Lead, Guest, Supporting)
I was just thinking that women in comedy have always had strong characters - even if they were just supporting their "man" women have been strong - from Lucy to Roseanne. And since Roseanne women have taken the forefront in many comedies - from 30 Rock to Samantha Who.
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
- Tina Fey (Liz Lemon, 30 Rock)
- Christina Applegate (Samantha Newly, Samantha Who?)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Christine Campbell, The New Adventures Of Old Christine)
- America Ferrera (Betty Suarez, Ugly Betty)
- Mary-Louise Parker (Nancy Botwin, Weeds)
This was a tough choice. All the women were very good. Tina Fey is probably the likeliest winner of the bunch (she's on 30 Rock, which the voters seem to really like) but Christina Applegate is also pretty strong. I'm going for Mary-Louis Parker because a pot-selling suburban single mom deserves a break!
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series
- Kristin Chenoweth (Olive Snook, Pushing Daisies)
- Jean Smart (Regina Newly, Samantha Who?)
- Amy Poehler (Saturday Night Live)
- Holland Taylor (Evelyn Harper, Two And A Half Men)
- Vanessa Williams (Wilhelmina Slater, Ugly Betty)
This one was an easy choice for me - Kristin Chenoweth. I absolutely adore her character on Pushing Daisies. She brightens up the already bright sets while she longs for Ned.
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series
- Carrie Fisher (Rosemary Howard, 30 Rock)
- Edie Falco (Celeste 'C.C.' Cunningham, 30 Rock)
- Elaine Stritch (Colleen Donaghy, 30 Rock)
- Polly Bergen (Stella Wingfield, Desperate Housewives)
- Kathryn Joosten (Karen McCluskey, Desperate Housewives)
- Sarah Silverman (Marci Maven, Monk)
Now there's a Donaghy that deserves my support! (Plus, I didn't see the other two actresses from 30 Rock.