on installing (or trying to) Habari 0.2Dev
Things were pretty buggy (thus, the developer release). It would double post when you edited it, and it wouldn't work at all in Safari (my localhost give it the url http://localhost:8888/habari and Safari reads it as http://localhost:8888:8888/habari which, you know, doesn't work.
So I decided today to upload the script to my web host to see if the problems were because of my localhost setup.
At least I can say I tried.
I can't install 0.2. I had 0.1 working, but I deleted that one. But 0.2... hmmmm.
After I fill in the details on the install page, I have to panic. Seriously. It tells me to.
Panic! No database connection class appears to be found for the connection string specified. Please check config.php
Config.php is fine. All the details are there. But no database is installed. (Even if I give it a non-existing database, I get the same error.)
So I looked up my phpinfo(). Ah, there may be a problem....
System - apache - mysql - php
MAMP - 2.0 - 5.0.19 - 5.1.6
Site5 - 1.3.37 - 4.1.21 - 5.2
The Habari wiki says it may require Apache2 or lighttpd. But 0.1dev seemed to work on apache 1.3. So I'm a bit confused.
It doesn't appear to be a corrupt or missing script; wrong type of error. I don't think it's a permissions problem. So I'm thinking it's the apache version.
Which I don't think I can change at site5. And they don't support lighttpd. I wonder if any other Habari users/testers are on site5 and have this problem.
And this leaves me with a couple of choices if I can't get this to work on site5. I can forget Habari or I can change hosts. (Dawn's cringing right now.)
I think I'll coin the term "Habari Hero" or "Habari Helper" and see what they say about this.