13 books in a box
Along a wall I have stacks of boxes. Each box contains bit of my past. Most of it I really should get rid of. Anyway, I opened one box today and found some books. I actually happened to find 13 books. Some of these books were from college; some I even read.
- Hole in the Sky by William Kittredge. Read this for my college class "The New West."
- The World's Relgions by Huston Smith. A classic in the study of religions.
- The Tattooed Lady in the Garden by Pattiann Rogers. Poetry collection. Didn't understand most of it back when I first read it.
- O'Connor Collected Works (Flannery O'Connor. A Library of America Collection (the black dustjacket with the red, white a blue stripe).
- The Best Loved Poems of the American People. (The only publication date is 1936.)
- Mostly Harmless by Douglass Adams. (yes, one of these books is not like the others....)
- A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The Norton Anthology of English Literature (5th Edition).
- The Book of Mormon. (With a Washington State Lottery Card bookmark.... hmmmm...)
- All the Pretty Horses, Cormac McCarthy (book was better than the movie).
- The Crossing, Cormac McCarthy (yeah, I like McCarthy's work).
- Writing Research Papers: A Complete Guide by James D. Lester.
- Usagi Yojimbo Book One, Stan Sakai. (About a Samuri Rabbit. This one wasn't required reading in college... for some strange reason....)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants